Monday, June 20, 2011

One Thousand Gifts:: Take Twenty

475-529

475. safety and protection from our one true Protector
476. adventures
477. wonderful friends
478. sleepover/party with Anna and SB
479. Anna's amazing sense of humor which keeps me laughing
480. my dear family

481. the best dad in the whole wide world! I am so thankful to be your daughter, Dad! You are my favorite guy in the whole world and you are my hero. I love you!!

482. two wonderful grandfathers whom I love very much!!

483. tacos on Father's Day
484. Panera, Blush, and Tarjayyy with two of my favorites
485. new friends that are old friends
486. belatedly celebrating the life of one of my dear friends
487. sour patch kids, swedish fish, izze drinks, and gummy worms
488. being able to hop in the car and drive anywhere

489. texting and phone calls when loved ones are away
490. finding non-presidential hairstyles for my new 'do
491. bad burns turning into semi-tans
492. rain
493. the safety of my house when I discover I'm not a fan of storms, especially driving in them
494. the library

495. my adorable munchkins
496. the amazing people I work with
497. the fact that I'm sad when it rains - I love my job
498. meet entries on rainy days
499. spending the night with my dear grandparents
500. safety driving for an hour in the worst storm of my life

501. seeing deer in the backyard
502. kids that make me laugh
503. when the kids apply what I am coaching
504. proud smiles when the kids get it
505. hugs from cute Gators
506. sweet children saying, "Ms. Lily!"
507. two hand touches on butterfly and breaststroke

508. giggles
509. excitement and competitive kids when it comes to games
510. Fun Friday
511. nice and long chats with the lovely Anna Rose
512. cold pool water when it's hot
513. my new favorite song- Galaxies by Owl City "He is the saving grace of the galaxies"
514. pool date with Christina!
515. ice cream
516. our wonderful church family

517. Redeeming Love
518. Words with Friends
519. fun swim lessons
520. free songs on iTunes
521. Chickfila in between coaching and teaching

522. God's grace and mercy
523. seeing one of my dear friends baptized yesterday!
524. driving with the windows down and the music on
525. being in the pool 3 times a day
526. getting un-lost at the airport and picking up my darling dad
527. long chats with Cayleigh
528. outings with Dad

529. Verse of the week from Keith Beauchemin:
Joshua 6:2
And the LORD said to Joshua: "See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor."
The LORD was telling Joshua in essence that the battle has already been won, and God has done it. Yes, the Israelite army had to enter the city after the walls fell down and fight, but the victory was assured by God.
Jesus Christ has assured the spiritual victory for us. He lived the perfect life that we could not live. He died for our sins and he rose from the dead for our justification and our resurrection. We still have to enter the battle with temptation, doubts, our sins, and many other enemies. But, do not grow discouraged in the battle. Remember the Captain of our salvation has already conquered. He who has begun a good work in you shall bring it to the day of completion.
The victory is assured!

No comments:

Post a Comment