Sunday, March 25, 2012

I heart spring break... Part Three

Hey friends!

Wow- we had such a fabulous week in Hilton Head! Check back soon for pictures and more!

Some fun facts from our super fun trip:

  • Had SO MUCH FUN Mom, Lily, Julia, Cara, Ms. Gigi, Mimi, Jenny, Elaina Joy, and Anna!
  • I read the Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and almost half of Mockingjay
  • Found my new love: biking on the beach
  • Didn't hit a jellyfish, person, seagull, or dog (listed in order of the likelihood of hitting them)
  • Ate my body weight in cheetos, goldfish, and starbursts. Keepin it real.
  • Watched some of Downton Abbey. I might lose friends, but I didn't love it. Too much snooty and too much sketch. But I will give it another try! I liked Bates and Anna though. Thoughts, DA fans?
  • I like Peeta. I haven't finished Mockingjay, so I am not totally sure if I am Team Gale or Team Peeta. When we went to the midnight showing, it was definitely a Team Gale crowd. Anytime they showed his reaction to anything there was a collective sigh...
  • I like Katniss. But she has trust issues. And boy problems.
  • Saw several sunrises and sunsets. So cool. God is amazing! What a glorious thing to see His handiwork!
  • Saw two dolphins near the beach one morning! What a treat!
  • Avoided the raccoon in the backyard. Anna, Julia, and Mimi gave that lil ole rascal a run for his money. I mean, wouldn't you run if you saw signs on the trash can saying "May the odds be ever in OUR favor" and a letter telling you the fight is on?! I would.
  • Went on a late night Publix run with Ms. Gigi, Mimi, Elaina Joy, Julia, and Cara! Ice cream is very crucial.
  • Watched Despicable Me for the first time. Um super cute movie?! It is now up there on my list with Meet the Robinsons :) "IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GOING TO DIE!"
  • Drove six hours there and six hours back. Mom didn't even have to drive on the way there- Julia and I did! Julia is doing a really great job driving!
  • More coming soon!!
On Thursday night, Mom, Julia, and I went to a 12:01 showing of the Hunger Games! Our first midnight showing :) Mom got some major coolness points- she was one of about three adults there. Go Mom! I love you :) (you can read my super deep post on Tumblr about midnight showings here

Have you seen the Hunger Games? What did you think?

I would also like to say how much I love my church family!! You guys are seriously the best. I am so thankful for all of you!!

Yesterday Mom and I toured Belmont! I really liked it! (I might lose my LU friends saying that... :) Then, last night we went to see Mary Poppins! So wonderful!

Thanks for reading! Check back soon!

Love,

Lily


Several links:
-This made me laugh. "Christina Bianco Impression Reel- Firework"
-Cimorelli covered "Call Me Maybe"- they are so adorable! I love them!

-I loved PluggedIn!

1 comment:

  1. ~how much Downton did you watch? definitely need to give it more than one episode. we are both HOOKED now though :)

    ~I hope the Publix ice cream was Chocolate Trinity. OY.

    ~did you really love Mary Poppins? I can't say it was one of my favorite musicals. too much different from the movie...and you just can't re-cast Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke.

    ReplyDelete