Friday, January 13, 2012

One Thousand Gifts:: Take Thirty :: #1000!

962-1000!

962. a wonderful and relaxing Christmas break
963. going back to LU and Whitver this week
964. answer to prayer- feeling peace and readiness to get back to school
965. snow
966. hot tea and hot cocoa

967. my amazing swim team
968. dear coaches that love us and encourage us
969. feeling like I'm coming home after not being at swim practice for a while
970. swim meet and team dinner at SATCO with my Makos
971. taking over half the restaurant wherever we go:)

972. getting to see super talented friends in Beauty and the Beast- twice! (I totally could have gone every show!) :)
973. selling roses
974. hanging out with beautiful and fab Joelle!
975. oatmeal, juice, and good chat time at 11:30
976. my dear and wonderful family!

977. hanging out with the wonderful Lydia and three adorable kids!
978. my church family
979. Grandview!
980. "Thank you teachers" - ESL students :)
981. "Nice to meet you" - after we learned that

982. privilege of being part of Grandview
983. two adorable friends coming with me!
984. said cute girls coming for dinner
985. new friends
986. excitement for this semester

987. finding our memory card reader (now I can finally upload pictures!)
988. getting to see my friend Emily at the meet! :)
989. pinterest
990. Facetiming with the Hippensteels
991. hanging out with Jenny

992. photo shoots
993. trying to video chat with Mara :)
994. a fabulous Christmas
995. fresh starts in 2012
996. hanging out with Christina

997. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28

998. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~ Philippians 4:13

999. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

and...

1000! ~ In Christ Alone ~


In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life’s first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.



No comments:

Post a Comment