Monday, May 16, 2011

Update

Hey friends!

A long post on Whitver memories is coming soon... :)

~As of this past Thursday, I am DONE with school for the year!! Whoo hoo! Ahh (as will be seen in the upcoming post) I will miss my school family so very much :(

~As of this past Friday, guess who's a licensed driver?!?! Yup, this girl! I'm kind of excited about it... :) The test was pretty easy since I have been driving with my permit (and don't worry guys, a parent :) for almost a year! The tester was creepy...

~I am so excited about being a swim coach this summer!! Yesterday was the open house!

~We went to two fabulous dance recitals this weekend! They were amazing!

~My new favorite song: Let's Go by Group 1 Crew feat. TobyMac!



~Verse of the week from Keith Beauchemin (from last week)

Psalm 63:1
"O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water."
David wrote this psalm when he was living in the wilderness because Saul was trying to kill him. His great comfort was the personal relationship he had with God. He cherished God, so he sought the Lord early in the day. Though the land was dry in the wilderness, and water was scarce, David's greatest thirst was not for water, but for God.
Oh, how we need to emulate David. Do we cherish our relationship with God? If so, then we will seek Him early each day. Our souls will long for Him more than a thirsty man in the desert longs for water. Too often our souls long after the things of this world, and our thirst for God diminishes.
Lord, may we always cherish You above all others, for You alone can satisfy our souls.


Coming soon: Whitver Memories and One Thousand Gifts!

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment