Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project for Health Class

Project for my health class! The chapter we are on is about stress.


James 1:2-4

Count it all joy, my brothers,when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

1 Corinthians 10:24

Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

Philippians 4:6

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Philippians 3:13-14

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10

fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with
my righteous right hand.

“Our attitude determines our action.” ~ Pastor Wendell Smith

“Your total health is affected by the positive or negative stress you experience.”

“How you perceive and handle the stress in your life will determine how it will affect you physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.”

“No matter what your religious belief, the Bible is a positive prescription for living a healthy life.”

“Life was given you by God... in a great big box with a wonderful ribbon on it... What we expect in there is joy, peace, contentment, and an abundance of love. But we also find in that life, pain, despair and loneliness. They are all part of the same box called life. It’s not until you dive into it and experience all of it that you will really know life. We learn from pain just as much as we learn from joy.” ~ Leo Buscaglia

“I am only one, but I am one. I can’t do everything, but I can do something. And that which I can do, I ought to do. By God’s grace I shall do.”

Stress= your body’s response to external or internal changes.

Stressor= the stimulus that triggers the stress.

Factors that affect a person’s reaction to stress:

  • The person’s age, social status, income, cultural background, stage in life and previous experiences
  • The circumstances surrounding the situation
  • How much control the person has or thinks he/she has over the situation
  • The personality of the person: is he/she a type A or type B person?
  • The person’s personal relationship with God

Other ways to deal with stress:

- Eat well

  • Get plenty of sleep
  • Laugh it off
  • Talk things out with someone
  • Learn to relax
  • Learn to say “no” to extra activities
  • Set priorities
  • Don’t let worry drain you
  • Learn not to procrastinate

“An ongoing personal relationship with the Lord can make the difference in your perception of your circumstances. God totally understands your feelings and wants you to see your life as He does... meaningful. Your life has purpose and God is with you in your deepest trials.”

No comments:

Post a Comment