Monday, March 28, 2011

One Thousand Gifts:: Take Eleven

Before I start (and this is something I am thankful for :), you know how I just posted this?

As I am trying to figure out what my plans are for this summer, I sometimes wish God would tell me what I should do via neon billboards. Saying "Do this" or "Don't do this" or "This would be a great thing for you" or "This would be a really bad decision." Alas, He has not chosen to work in that way :)
These verses comfort me greatly when I am feeling stressed about plans for the future.
Jeremiah 33:3: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 139:16: Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
I am so thankful that God is SOVEREIGN. And His plans are much much better than mine!

... God really made it clear today. :) He swung a door wide open! I am so so thankful! Y'all, God is SO GOOD! All the time! And He will provide! Whoo hoo!

So, now onto what I am thankful for this week :)

224-252

224. that God flung a door open :)
225. peace and excitement
226. a family who rejoices with me and deals with my craziness :)

227. fun chemistry labs
228. beautiful weather
229. dance parties with Julia
230. dance parties while we all wash dishes
231. special time together washing dishes while our dishwasher is broken

232. a great day at school last week
233. finishing all of my work last week
234. a lighter load due Thursday
235. lots of laughter

236. dear friends
237. flowers blooming
238. my swim munchkins conquering their fear of the deep end
239. a great day at church
240. our amazing church family
241. hearing the Gospel preached from Ruth

242. having a super fun swim practice today- all out game day! whoo hoo!
243. my amazing coaches
244. the fabulous friends I have on the Makos
245. anticipation of the MTHEA Teen Banquet!!
246. really wonderful stories about how awesome God is
247. that God will ALWAYS provide!

248. my spectacular family
249. a day out with my favorite guy- Dad!
250. skyping with a dear friend for about an hour yesterday :)
251. very fun and dear friends coming for dinner last night!
252. Hebrews 13:5a "“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Be blessed today!

Lily :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment