Friday, February 4, 2011

The Word :: Lessons from my cellphone

Ever wondered why spending time with God through His Word and prayer is so important and vital? Check out my new blog series, The Word!

~~~~

The other day, my phone died. I had forgotten to charge it for several days and was frustrated when it decided to go kaput on me. As I plugged it in and watched the screen come to life, I realized that I was a lot like my cellular device.

When I don't spend time with God in His Word and in prayer, I "die," just like my phone. When my phone dies it won't work unless I charge it. When I have not spent time with my Creator, I am not going to function properly. But when I plug into God's Word, I am revived and recharged!

Have you plugged in recently to God's Word? Do you need to be spiritually recharged?



"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." ~ Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment