Friday, July 6, 2012

Life in Pictures

Hey friends!

Oops... I have not posted in a while! So thankful- city meet entries are DONE {for now :)} and IN! Very thankful for the super nice and patient people who helped get it done :) (you know who you are). I may or may not be slightly addicted to cherry coke zero and pandora now... 

I hope everyone had a lovely 4th! Mine was spent at the pool, at a neighborhood picnic, meet entries, and Sweet Cece's. It was a great day!

Gator quote of the day... We have a 4 year old who once told one of our helpers that he had a magic password to make him swim. He told it to her, and she shared it with us. So, the other day when he wasn't swimming, I decided to try it out.

Me: "If I say your magic password, you need to swim."
4 year old: "Ok!"
Me: *pause to laugh first* "Dragon tales, dragon tales, dragon tales."
4 year old: "That's the wrong password."
Me: "What is the right one?"
4 year old: "Fire tales."
Me: "Ok. Fire tales, fire tales, fire tales. Now that I said it you have to swim!"

And what happened? He swam. Too funny! :)

Another Gator quote... Mom to 5 year old: "Ariel, Ursula is chasing you so you have to swim fast!"

This week we went to see Brave! It was weird. Not your typical Disney princess movie! There were several things that they forgot about I felt like... A tiara and a phrase. And the whole turning into bears thing? Very strange. I loved their accents though! And Merida's crazy hair!

So proud of my Gators- we are currently undefeated and first in our division by 161 points! Our most competitive meet is this Tuesday. Goooo Gators!!

One of the highlights of my week... Reliving my days of being a little kid and playing Capture the Flag and German Spotlight with some super fun kids! :) I was foolishly barefoot... When I cut my foot I was kind of in shock- I never get injured since I am so cautious! Oh well... :)

I love how God's Word is always applicable. And how the Lord uses specific verses to work through us. To be honest, this week has been kind of crazy and stressful. But today, I opened up my Bible app and what was the verse of the day?

2 Corinthians 12:9. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 

This was exactly what I needed to hear today. His grace is sufficient for me. His power is seen through my weakness. 

Here are some recent pictures :)

Two of my favorite people!
Lunch with my favorite guy at my new fave restaurant- Tazikis!
Sooo good
Tshirt :)
Let's talk about how much I love Draw Something. Let me share some of my high quality drawings with you. Clearly I am artistically gifted... not ;)

No, it's not a robot...
Meet entries! 
Fun facts on the back of a letter to the Fun Fact Queen! :)
Love them!! Blue team!

Sweet friends before SB left for CO! Love you girls!


Love you dear friend! Riley graduated!


Matching shoes! (I'm the green with pink toes :)


Riley and the Scott girls get crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment