Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday Love: Pride and Prejudice!

Time for some Wednesday Lovin, folks!

One thing I am lovin is feeling better. All six members of our household have been sick for the past two weeks. First Julia and Hannah got sick, then Mom, Cara and I, and then last but not least, Dad got sick. Thankfully we are on the Road to Recovery! :)

This week I would like to do a little lovin on one of my favorite books (and movies) of all time:

Pride and Prejudice!

(*insert clapping and cheering*)

My homework over break for lit was to read the first half of Pride and Prejudice. (Thank you, Mrs. Griffin! :D) Life is good, folks! Pride and Prejudice is what we call super happy homework! I told my lab class I would curl up with Pride and Prejudice and tea while there was snow outside and I did. :)

Ahhh. The. book. is. so. good. If you have not read it recently, please go treat yourself. Or at least put it on your 2011 reading list. :)

I have seen the movies many, many times and have read the book so it is fun to compare how things are different in the three. In the book, Mr. Collins is tall. In the movies, he is short. But extremely ridiculous in both book and movies.

The Movies

I have only seen the Keira Knightley and Colin Firth movies. (I have not seen the BBC version. Did you like it? Should I watch it?)

Some folks like one or the other better. I love them both dearly.

Colin Firth can never be replaced as Mr. Darcy. End of story.

Also, a movie to avoid at ALL COSTS: Lost In Austen. One of the WORST movies I have ever seen. It was offensive and vulgar and just plain BAD. Just so you know. :)

I LOVE the cinematography in the newer version. The scenery and music are stunning. I love in the A&E version how it is practically reading the book. Lovely.



The Bennet ladies

Covers:
Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy:
Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy:

Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet:
Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet:
Rosamund Pike as Jane Bennet:

Susannah Harker as Jane Bennet:
Crispin Bonham-Carter as Charles Bingley:
Simon Woods as Charles Bingley:

Well folks, I hope you have enjoyed today's Wednesday Love!

I also hope that you will treat yourself to some form of Pride and Prejudice sometime in 2011! It is pure goodness. And it makes me very happy. :)

Lily :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment