Thursday, May 27, 2010

happenings

Hey friends!

Sorry that I have not blogged much this week!

Let's see! What all has happened since I last blogged? Just a warning- this is going to be long.... ~;-)

This morning I went out to breakfast with Hannah at the Pancake Pantry and then we went shopping in that area! YUM our breakfast was very tasty! Hannah got the french toast and I had the Georgia Peach Pancakes. :o) yummmmm! We had lots of fun!! Love you, sweetie!!

This afternoon I had lunch with Grace and Jenny at Panera! Then we did lots of fun shopping! :D New York and Company, I do believe, is my new favorite store. :o) They had super cute and big "obnoxious" sunglasses like I wanted for $5 each! Score! And adorable flip flops for $5! Love that place! I so enjoyed hanging out with Jenny and Grace! Love you girls!!

And tonight a cute couple from our church is coming for dinner and they are going to teach us how to grill! yeahhh!

We are also very excited about Aunt Susan, Sophia, and Hannah coming to visit us today! Aunt Susan called yesterday to see if we were doing anything this weekend (which we aren't doing a lot) so she and the girls are driving up! So fun!! It will be so good to see them!

Yesterday Cara and I babysat Marley and Maguire! they are so sweet!


On Tuesday night Julia and I made dinner! We made fettuccine alfredo with chicken and it was AMAZING. If I say so myself haha. :o) It is supposedly Olive Garden's recipe but we added a bunch of stuff. Here is our recipe!

Sauce:
4 ounces cream cheese- cut in bits (the recipe said to do 8 ounces but everyone who commented said to do 4 instead)
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half or heavy whipping cream (we used the latter)
3/4 cup Parmesan (which we did not have so see the cheese below)
4 slices baby swiss
3 slices provolone
1/4 cup mexican cheese
Garlic, salt, and pepper to taste
{The recipe suggests 8 ounces of cooked and drained fettuccine but we just used regular spaghetti noodles)

In a large saucepan combine cream cheese, cheese, butter, milk, and heavy whipping cream (or half and half), stirring constantly until smooth. Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.

For chicken:
We used 2 cups of Costco's pre-cut and pre-grilled chicken. (it is awesome!!)
Handful of freshly cut basil (from the garden!)
Heat chicken with tablespoon of butter then combine with basil, top on pasta.

We also sprinkled the parmesan that comes in a green container (for spaghetti) and some fresh cilantro on top.



Enjoy!

love,

Lily :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment