Sunday, October 14, 2012

One Thousand Gifts:: Take Thirty-Eight

1302-1328

  • 1302. sweet little baby in my lap. 
  • 1303. laughing little baby. 
  • 1304. enjoying being the choir accompanist. 
  • 1305. having spanish class in starbucks.
  • 1306. really enjoying math. 
  • 1307. being the only one at a container store demo, so i automatically won the $25 gift card.
  • 1308. having a nice chat with the sweet lady that gave the demo.
  • 1309. thoughtful friend bringing me a note and a starbucks frap after a rough day.
  • 1310. finishing my first novel in spanish. 
  • 1311. LU students that come to help at grandview even when they don’t have to for credit.
  • 1312. said students (new, fun friends) coming for dinner.
  • 1313. having a full dining room table.
  • 1314. the nice guys that rescued us and taught a class.
  • 1315. successfully teaching the computer class.
  • 1316. watching the ESL students have lots of fun with clip art. it was so fun to see what they picked. (one guy was stuck on barns)
  • 1317. explaining, no, even though i typed my name as an example, you are typing YOUR name, not mine.
  • 1318. the guy who copied what i did and typed his name in the curlz font.
  • 1319. asking a guy, “are you doing ok?” when he was clearly lost and he says “i am experimenting.”
  • 1320. getting to teach computer with my wonderful swim coach.
  • 1321. breakfast with lovely friends at fido.
  • 1322. sweet thank you gift from a dear friend.
  • 1323. His mercies are new every morning.
  • 1324. a new week and a chance to start afresh and over.
  • 1325. making a life schedule with mom and having peace about it.
  • 1326. a clean room.
  • 1327. finishing a hard swim practice.
  • 1328. sitting at the piano during worship, and watching the little boy to my right try to find the scripture reading. whispering “do you want me to find it for you?” he hands over his Bible. i find it and hand it back. to thank me he waves :) so sweet.
  • 1329. lamentations 3:22-24.
  • The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
        his mercies never come to an end;
    they are new every morning;
        great is your faithfulness.
    “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
        “therefore I will hope in him.”

    love, lily

    (originally posted on my tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment